What are the effects of CBD cannabis and how long do they last?
CBD Weed, also known as legal marijuana, light weed or CBD, is a product that has recently come into being due to the low THC content of the genetic details of marijuana. More precisely, for cannabis to be considered light/legal, the THC it contains must be less than 0.2% (with tolerated percentages below 0.6%). For CBD, the leading natural cannabinoid along with THC, there are no limits.
The reason is simple: tetrahydrocannabinol, THC, is a psychoactive substance. It changes our psyche and our perception of reality, so it is illegal in many European countries and the States. Cannabidiol, called CBD, is instead a non-psychotropic cannabinoid; it acts on our body but not on our mind and has many beneficial properties for the human body.
Today we want to talk about the CBD buds effects, mainly given by the CBD that its flowers contain. We will also talk about the effects duration so that you know what to expect after taking legal hemp.
Are you ready? Then let’s get started!
All the legal-cannabis effects
Most of the CBD cannabis strains in our shop is rich in cannabidiol, so those who use it can experience the following beneficial effects:
- Pain relief
- Anti-emetics (i.e. anti-vomiting and anti-nausea)
- Relaxing (ideal to help you sleep)
- Immunosuppressant and immunomodulator
- Appetite stimulant
- Hypotension effect
These properties are mainly given by the interaction of cannabinoids, in this case, CBD, with the endocannabinoid system of the human body. More precisely, it is the cannabinoid receptors belonging to this system, called CB1 and CB2, which interact with CBD (and also with THC in the case of conventional marijuana).
However, the difference between the effects of cannabis CBD and THC-rich cannabis is enormous. If marijuana is legal, it can have very positive outcomes, so much so that in recent years CBD has been firmly taken into account by the scientific community. Cannabis with a high THC content can cause euphoria but also negative symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, distortion of reality and perception of time.
Besides, continued use of high THC cannabis can lead to tolerance, dependence and even addiction. However, legal cannabis does not have these side effects, but others that are much milder.
Read also: CBD Shatter: What is it, and why is everyone talking about it?
All the side effects of CBD Weed
Like the positive effects, legal marijuana CBD Bud has the same side effects as CBD: drowsiness, muscle heaviness due to high relaxation and hypotension, which in some people could be a negative symptom (while in others it is a positive symptom, especially in people with high blood pressure).
The consumption of CBD flowers is not recommended for pregnant women and people suffering from hypotension.
But how long do the effects of legal cannabis, both positive and negative, last? It essentially depends on a few factors.
Factors that affect the duration of the effects of CBD cannabis
Individual elements can determine the course of the effects of the CBD. Here are the main ones:
- How to use them: generally those who smoke CBD flower feel the effects of CBD for about 2-3 hours, while those who ingest them feel them for about 4-5 hours (even if they arrive later than when smoking a joint).
- Frequency of use: Cannabis users may develop a reverse tolerance to the effects of CBD. It means that the symptoms may last longer than those who rarely take CBD because it stimulates the production of endocannabinoids, the cannabinoids present in our brain. On the contrary, THC generates tolerance: those who use it often need to take ever more significant quantities to find its effects and duration entirely satisfactory.
- Amount of CBD cannabis consumed: those who consume more massive amounts of CBD experience longer-lasting effects. For this reason, the variety of legal marijuana is also essential: those who take types with high-cannabidiol content also find that the effects of CBD are long-lasting.
- Age and metabolism of those who take it. Younger people generally experience a more significant duration and intensity of the effects of CBD than older or middle-aged people. In terms of metabolism, those with fast metabolism eliminate the impact of cannabidiol more quickly than those with a slow metabolism.
Read also: Marijuana CBD: here are the opinions of our clients.
We want to tell you, however, that the use of cannabis CBD is a kind of administrative offence (although it is not a criminal offence). If you take this product and are caught using it, you could receive a hefty fine. For this reason, CBD marijuana is only for collectors.
Would you like to receive the best qualities of CBD Weed directly to your home, in an anonymous package and with ultra-fast shipping? Then visit JustBob right away and buy the inflorescences from our catalogue: you will be pleasantly surprised!